BAD-ASS BUT APPROACHABLE:
GET GIGI HADID’S COOL GIRL HAIR
First things first: Gigi Hadid didn’t cut her hair into a bob for this year’s American Music Awards–the look was achieved with a half-wig in back, her real locks in front and a whole lot of wizardry from stylist Bryce Scarlett.
The new take on slick is not Kim K. severe and doesn’t look like it took One Direction’s supply of pomade. Instead, it delivers soft edge. The style at once effortless looking and composed–exactly the bad-ass-but-approachable vibe we’re going for as we enter holiday party season.
Lucky for us, Gigi’s stylist shared his technique so we can rock the look ourselves (sans partial hairpiece of course), using just 5 easy steps.
1. Apply a volumizing mousse* to towel dried hair at the roots and a dime-sized amount of a gloss serum to the ends, then combed the products through the hair.
2. Use a medium-barreled round brush to blow out hair, away from the face.
3. Apply volumizing dry shampoo at the roots, and brushed back with a boar bristle brush to keep hair in place. This creates instant volume and separation.
4. Apply another dime-sized drop of gloss serum to the hair to boost shine, then smooth over strands with a flat iron to make the hair more piece-y.
5. To finish the look, apply a few shots of texturizing hair spray to give the sleek bob a hint of texture.
*Scarlett used all Matrix products for last night’s look, including MATRIX StyleLink Volume Builder Mousse, MATRIX StyleLink Gloss Booster, MATRIX Style Link Height Riser and MATRIX StyleLink Texture Builder.